Unaccompanied Youth

Unaccompanied Youth

Name/Description/Contact Info Name/Description/Contact Info

Associated Ministries Youth Host Home Program

Formerly Shared Housing Services, this program pairs a young person experiencing homelessness with a caring household wanting to make a difference. While Host Home providers provide a living space and mentorship, the YHH program assist participants to overcome barriers preventing them from achieving educational, employment, and personal goals, and with developing skill-sets for attaining the self-sufficiency needed to live independently.

Participants include males, females, those who identify as LGBTQ, all races/ethnicities.

General Questions: 253-383-3056

Youth 12-24 experiencing homelessness should contact 2-1-1 and must complete Coordinated Entry to be referred to this program. https://associatedministries.org/supportive-services/youth-host-homes/

National Runaway Safe Line

A national crisis service line for runaway homeless youth (ages 12 – 21) available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Services are confidential and based on the goals of the youth. If returning home isn’t an option, NRS can help create an alternative plan to keep the youth safe, and offers other resources as needed.

Hotline: 1-800-786-2929

Additional info and other ways to connect:



Support for concerned adults also provided Whether you are having trouble talking to the youth in your life at home or they have already run away, we can help. We will listen and assist you in developing a plan. Includes help

in leaving a message for run away youth. https://www.1800runaway.org/concerned-adults

Washington Student Achievement Council Passport to Careers

The Passport to Careers program helps former foster youth and unaccompanied homeless youth prepare for and succeed in college, apprenticeships, or pre- apprenticeships programs. https://wsac.wa.gov/passport-to-careers

WA State Identicard

Per RCW 46.20.036 the Department of Licensing can now accept WA State Identicard application materials for foster and unaccompanied homeless youth from the Dept. of Children, Youth & Families, schools and school districts, and homeless service providers.

Email [email protected]

Materials Needed: (1) Identicard Request Form DLE-520- 089, (2) official copy of student school record, (3) verification of student foster or homeless status.

Contact the district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison for assistance

National Network for Youth Vital Document Hotline

Assists in providing advice for youth experiencing homelessness to understand their options in obtaining vital documents. Resources and assistance include state ID and licenses, birth certificates, social security cards, documents needed to get ID/license. The hotline cannot provide legal advice, and your communication with the hotline does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Tuesdays & Thursdays 12 PM – 8 PM EST