John Korsmo with a layup in 1980.
Phone (253) 583-5580 Email:email@example.com
Scott is a 1982 graduate of Mount Tahoma High School in Tacoma where he was a letter winner in football and soccer. He graduated from the University of Washington where he was a trainer with the baseball, football, basketball and men’s track and field programs. He graduated with a BA in Sports Health and Athletic Training. Scott has taught at all levels, and coached several sports.
He has been involved at all levels of athletic administration and was voted the league Athletic Director of the Year in 2011 and 2012 and the West Central District Athletic Director of the Year in 2012.
Several Lakes sports teams will do fund raising activites to help supplement their budget. Our fund raisers have specific guidelines that must be followed. If you have questions about a fund raiser, or have a suggestion, please contact our athletic director Scott Nordi. Teams currently holding fund raisers are:
Boys Basketball: The team is selling RAM Restaurant cards. Contact Coach Jensen for more information.
Cross Country: The team is selling Lakes Scarves and golf Umbrellas. The scarves are $20 and the umberllas are $25. Contact Coach Clark for more information.
Lakes had 403 students participating in 12 sports this fall. Combined they had a 3.05 GPA!
Boys Golf: Harrison Bragg was named to the SPSL 1st Team
Cross Country:The boys team qualified for the State Championships with a third place in the Westside Classic. This follows their second consecutive League title that they won the previous week.. Stephen Nelson was voted SPSL Male Athlete of the Year after completing an undefeated season in league competition. Stephen Nelson, Jarek Rasmussen, and Greg Edgecomb were named to the SPSL 1st team and Matt Siebert was named to the second team. Joe Clark was voted Boys Coach of the Year.
Girls Swim & Dive: The girls had several athletes compete in the State Championships
Boys Tennis: Jordan Richardson was named "Boys Player of the Year" for the second consecutive year. He is the first Lakes Tennis player to qualify for stat all four years. Jordan Richardson, Joey Yanello, and Jamar Williams were named to the SPSL All League 1st team. The team also earned theWIAA Distinguished Scholastic Award for having a cumulative GPA of 3.14.
Boys Water Polo:Lakes competed in the State Tournament.
We believe the primary purpose of an interscholastic athletic program is to educate youth and assist in the development of their character. We feel that athletics play a major role in the total educational process. It is our belief that we are responsible for fostering the ideals of good sportsmanship, self-worth, pride in individual and team accomplishments, personal integrity in human relationships and respect for others and one’s self.
The Lakes philosophy will be supported by an athletic program that embodies the following guiding principles:
- Allows student/athletes to develop their individual potential by applying their best effort.
- Encourages participation in athletics for the inherent fun, sense of exuberance, and sheer enthusiasm that accompanies physical activity and competition.
- Emphasizes fellowship, camaraderie, and the sense of cooperation that results from an effort to achieve team and individual goals.
- Encourages student/athletes to discipline themselves to set goals and strive to achieve them.
- Provides a positive experience for every participant.
- Incorporates fairness, equality of opportunity and consistent treatment for all student/athletes.
- Encourage student/athlete involvement in community and school activities other than athletics.
- Compliance of all interscholastic events and activities with the rules and regulations of the Washington State Interscholastic Association (W.I.A.A.) and the Clover Park School District (CPSD), according to their respective Board policies, rules, and procedures.
Here are links for video of various Lakes athletics.These include current video, past video, and alumni.
Boys Basketball: These videos were created by Tom Gray, former Lancer Parent and frequent videographer at Lakes events.
Girls Basketball: These videos were created by Tom Gray, former Lancer Parent and frequent videographer at Lakes events.
Cross Country/Track & Field: These videos were created by Tom Gray, former Lancer Parent and frequent videographer at Lakes events.
Joe Gray: Former Lakes runner, now running professionally. Joe has been named US Trail Runner of the Year several times and has run on numerous national teams. These videos were created by Tom Gray, former Lancer Parent and frequent videographer at Lakes events.
Click here for a video of Lakes athletics. Pictures were taken by the yearbook staff.