CPSD students earn awards at South Sound Regional Science Fair
Clover Park School District students earned awards at the South Sound Regional Science and Engineering Fair at Pacific Lutheran University March 19. Most of the students also competed in school science fairs and/or the districtwide STEM fair in late February.
South Sound Regional Science and Engineering Fair Winners
- Christine Souza, Hillside Elementary - Second Place
- Jasleen Nguyen, Dower Elementary - First Place
- Jacob Mitchell, Rainier Elementary - Honorable Mention
- Alyssa Martinez, Carter Lake Elementary - Third Place and Weird Science Awards
- Emma Larsen, Rainier Elementary - Honorable Mention
- Andrew Young, Four Heroes Elementary - Third Place
- Ashley Ballanco, Rainier Elementary - First Place and Safety First! Awards
- Michael Cosio, Hudtloff Middle School - Second Place
- Katie Looper, Harrison Prep - Third Place, Behavioral and Social Sciences Category
- Adam McCombs, Harrison Prep - Intel Science Talent Search Award
- Zoe Nelson, Harrison Prep - First Place, Cellular and Molecular Biology
The South Sound Regional Science and Engineering Fair began in 1998 and is comprised of schools from Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, and Mason Counties.