Students will engage in virtual learning following their regular school day schedule. This will better enable students to transition from virtual to hybrid to face-to-face learning this school year.
- A typical school day will include live instruction with their teacher online and independent learning online using the Microsoft Teams platform.
- Students will log in at required times to participate in online instruction with their teacher(s).
- Students will also work on assignments independently (sometimes in small groups). Assignments will be graded in alignment with district grading policies.
- Attendance will be taken.
Elementary Monthly Learning Guides
To help you monitor and support your elementary student’s learning, we have created monthly learning guides that show what your child will be learning in math, science, reading and writing, depending on the grade level.
Your student’s school will share specific school schedules with you directly. The following are general schedules for elementary, middle and high school.
Elementary Schedule Change on Wednesdays Begins Dec. 9
Elementary schools will follow a daily AM/PM schedule for direct instruction with teachers, with exceptions on Late Start Wednesdays and half-days.
- Students with the last name A-L will be in the AM group and participate in online instruction with their classroom teacher in the morning and participate in independent learning online in the afternoon.
- Students with last name M-Z will be in the PM group and will participate in individualized learning time in the morning and online instruction with their classroom teacher in the afternoon.
Beginning Dec. 9, students will participate on Wednesdays in their daily check-in and social and emotional activities with their classroom teacher and then begin online independent learning for the remainder of the school day. This shift will provide greater availability for families to communicate with teachers.
- Teachers will be available to individuals and small groups of students remotely through Microsoft Teams. Schools will share their Wednesday schedules with families.
- Some students may continue on-site learning through December, and schools will work with these families regarding this transition.
Please call your child’s principal if you have any questions or need additional assistance.
Link to Weekly Virtual Schedule