Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB)
The procedures include several actions related to the prevention of harassment, intimidation and bullying:
- Students will receive age-appropriate information to help them recognize, report and prevent harassment, intimidation and bullying;
- Staff will receive annual training on the new policy and procedures, including staff roles and responsibilities;
- District and school websites will share information on how to report instances of harassment, intimidation and bullying—including contact information for the appropriate district administrators and district compliance officer;
- The policy and procedures will also be readily available on district and school websites and in all schools and district offices; and
- Anti-bullying strategies and expectations will be incorporated into the counseling and guidance curriculum.
Reports of harassment, intimidation and bullying may be made verbally or in writing to any staff member—anonymously, confidentially or non-confidentially.
Copies of Policy 3207, and its procedures, are also available on our District Board Policies page and in the Student Services Center at 10903 Gravelly Lake Drive SW, Lakewood, WA.
For questions or more information, contact Holly Shaffer, director of student services and district compliance officer, at 253-583-5154.