Student management procedures are designed to help change student behavior. Involving parents at the start of a discipline issue helps decrease the chance of more serious disciplinary problems, which may result in suspension from transportation services. Therefore, updated phone numbers and parental involvement are critical to providing a safe bus ride for our students.
Rules and Regulations
Students are expected to follow the same rules at bus stops and on buses as they are in the classroom. Students who misbehave may lose their bus riding privileges.
The following rules apply to all district buses and bus stops:
- At bus stops, wait in a line that starts well back from the curb, off the street.
- When crossing a street to or from a school bus, cross in front of the stopped bus, and only when the “stop” paddle is out, red lights are flashing and when the driver has signaled that it is safe to cross.
- Students may not cross any roadway having 3 or more marked traffic lanes.
- At an intersection with a traffic signal, cross only on the green light and “WALK” signal.
- Get on or off the bus only when it is fully stopped and the driver has directed boarding or disembarking.
- Give your name to the driver or monitor when they ask for it.
- Obey drivers and/or bus monitors.
- Animals are not allowed on buses without prior written approval from the Director of Transportation (service animals must be approved).
- Sit in only one seat and do not save a seat for anyone.
- Stay seated at all times until the bus has arrived at your destination.
- Seat belts must be worn, when available.
- Keep aisles clear.
- Keep hands to yourself.
- Alcohol, tobacco, flammable items and incendiary devices are prohibited.
- Perfume, cologne and body spray are prohibited
- Ask the driver’s permission before opening a window. Windows may not be opened lower than designated line.
- Keep head, hands and arms inside bus windows.
- Do not damage or deface bus seats or equipment.
- Do not throw anything from the bus.
- Fighting is prohibited.
- Students that have zpass card must have this card with them at all times and use the zpass on and off the school bus.
The parent or guardian must communicate, in writing for non-success special needs students, success students must be met, their request to the transportation department if they wish to change whether or not their child is to be released with or without an adult present.
- AM half-day students delivered to bus stop at noon: Students will be retained on the bus if no one is at the bus stop to receive them and will be returned to school.
- PM half-day and all day students delivered to bus stop in the evening: Half day (ECEAP/HEADSTART) students will be retained on the bus if no one is at the bus stop to receive them and will be returned to school, Special needs students will be returned to Clover Park School District Transportation Department at 9219 Lakewood Dr. SW. If students are not picked up in a reasonable time, law enforcement will be called. Anyone other than a parent/guardian must have written permission or be on the student’s card and picture identification must be presented before they can pick up the child.