Joint Base Lewis–McChord (JBLM) Access
This is a summary of information from the JBLM website. Additional changes and requirements implemented by JBLM supersede information in this document. Questions? JBLM Visitors’ Center number is 253-967-4794.
Take Exit 120 off I-5 near Liberty Gate, and then follow the signs to JBLM main gate. The visitor’s center will be to your right as you approach the gate. Hours are 5 AM – 10 PM daily.
At the Visitor’s Center, Request Vehicle Pass Access
When renewing/obtaining an Installation Access Card (IAC form available in Human Resources), it is required that you show one of the acceptable identity verification documents listed on the IAC Application. Please take steps to procure one of the approved forms of identification listed prior to obtaining your IAC. JBLM Installation Access Cards will not be issued to individuals not possessing the required identification.
Procedures to obtain IAC
- Complete the IAC Application form.
- Obtain a visitor’s pass from the JBLM Visitor Center by presenting the following:
- Valid CPSD ID badge
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid vehicle registration
- Proof of current vehicle insurance
- After obtaining a visitor’s pass, take completed IAC Application, current CPSD ID badge, and an acceptable document for verification of identity as listed on the IAC Application to:
Vehicle Registration Office in Waller Hall
Liggett Avenue & North 10th Street, Building #2140
7:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday
- Expect a 15-minute wait time for processing.
All vehicles are subject to search by military personnel
*Washington State Emission Certificates may be requested by JBLM from citizens residing in counties that do not require vehicle emission testing. If you maintain an emission certificate in order to receive your State vehicle registration, you do not need to present an emissions certificate. Exempt: Motorcycles, mopeds, hybrid vehicles with at least 50 mpg.