2019 Credit Retrieval
An On-Line Instructional Model for students residing in the Clover Park School District to retrieve credit for courses failed. June 24 to July 26 ~ Grades 11-12
Senior High School students going into 11-12 or seniors that did not graduate. All classes are for one-half credit (.50 carnegie unit) or one semester. Credit retrieval options for repeating a course that the student failed/incomplete.
- English 9, 10, 11, 12
- World History 1, 2
- United States History 1, 2
- Contemporary World Problems
- Algebra I - 1, 2
- Algebra II - 1, 2
- Geometry 1, 2
- Biology 1, 2
- Physical and Earth/Space Science 1, 2
All Fees must be paid in full at time of registration, along with signed student responsibilities and electronic user agreement.
- Exact amount is required: you may pay by check, money order or cash (no credit cards accepted)
Classes: Grades 11-12...............$75.00 per course
Fee(s) are refunded upon successful completion of the course.
Session 1 - 8:30 - 10:50
Break - 10:50 - 11:00
Session 2 - 11:00 - 2:00
(lunch - 11:35 - 11:55)
Monday-Friday, except July 4 & 5.
Students are expected to attend all class sessions for which they register. Only 2 absences are allowed.
CLOSED CAMPUS: Summer school is a closed campus. This means visitors are not allowed and students are not allowed to leave campus, for any reason, until their classes are over for the day.
GRADE REPORTS: A report card will be issued to all students, and a copy will be sent to the home school. A grade of "C" (credit) or "NC" (no credit) will be given.
LIBRARY: Students needing library services must use the public library.
STUDENT ARRIVAL: Students must park cars in the south student parking lot off 112th Street SW.
LEAVING SCHOOL WHEN CLASSES END: Students must leave the grounds immediately after their classes end. Parents are asked to pick students up promptly after class unless they are riding the transit system.
TRANSPORTATION: Students are responsible to provide their own transportation. A bus pass will be offered as an option at no cost.
ALL SCHOOL RULES APPLY DURING SUMMER SCHOOL.
June 24 to July 26
Clover Park High School
Computer Labs and Library
11023 Gravelly Lake Dr SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
Steps to Registration
Registration and fees are accepted February 16 - June 14 through student accounts at your high school.
Last day to register is June 14.
Confirm your courses with your school counselor.
Payment for classes will be received by the high school ASB secretary in student accounts
Lakes: Deb Yearsley
Clover Park: Tammy Mercer
Harrison: Robin McDonald
Summer School Calendar
June 24 - July 26, 2018
(All classes are held Monday-Friday)
First Day of Summer School.................June 24
No School.............................................July 4 & 5
Last Day of Summer School.................July 26
Summer School Information:
During the school year, contact your school's counseling office.
During the summer, call 253-583-5152.
Specific Student Information
Credit Retrieval courses are for students who have already taken a particular course and not earned credit (failed). A diagnostic assessment, given at the beginning of the course, will help indicate what standards the student has previously met, and what skills still need to be practiced and demonstrated. Based on the results of the diagnostic assessment, a Written Student Learning Plan (WSLP) for meeting standards will be developed by the teacher and then communicated to the student.
- Credit Retrieval Summer School is available to students currently residing in Clover Park School District.
- Students may enroll in up to 2 courses during summer school.
- Students are expected to attend class sessions daily. They may complete a course at any time.
- All assignments and assessments must be completed on-site, or as instructed by the teacher.
- Students must sign the acceptable use form before beginning course work.
- Students will receive a grade of "C" or "NC" at the conclusion of summer school. No In-Progress (IP) grades will be assigned.
- Students will need their CPSD computer login/passwords to access computers and online courses.
- Space is limited and is on a first come, first served basis.
- The cost per student will be $75 per course.
- Refunded upon successful completion of the course.