Skip to main content

Clover Park School District

Administrator’s Protocol for

Immediate Communication of Critical Incidents

For all incidents, use the Incident Command System to follow the Critical Response Plan.
Use the Emergency/Critical Phone Tree to contact district personnel.

– Always send an E-Admins in the following situations and any other critical communication as soon as possible –

Whenever law enforcement/school resource officer is involved

Any emergency

  • After calling 9-1-1, send E-ADMINS to group within five minutes
  • Call risk manager as soon as possible: 253-583-7357 or cell phone 253-606-1330
  • Send a written report to risk manager
  • Enter a SchoolDude work order for district property repairs if applicable

Any non-emergency

  • Report to police/SRO

See also:
Critical Incident Response Plan and applicable district policies

Child Abuse

See also: District Policy/Procedure 3421 & 3421-P14
  • Determine whether to call Law Enforcement
  • Always make report to CPS
  • Send copy of CPS report to risk manager and student services director via courier
  • If law enforcement is involved and/or someone from CPS visits the school, email E-Admins group immediately

Lost / Missing Child

See also: Critical Incident Response Plan

If child cannot be immediately located:

  • Notify the principal
  • Call transportation dispatch
  • Call law enforcement (non-emergency number)

Emergency Expulsions

If staff member is injured:

  • Follow the Worker’s Compensation flowchart
  • Notify executive director of human resources

If student is injured:

  • Email assistant superintendent
  • Send written report to risk manager

Trespass Notifications

See also: District Policy/Procedure 3160, 4203 & 4203-P1

If anyone seeks to issue a trespass notification for any district property:

  • Contact assistant superintendent
    • If approved, assistant superintendent request risk manager to draft letter
  • Risk manager will provide copy of letter to superintendent, deputy superintendent, appropriate council administrator and principal or ALT member
  • Call law enforcement (non-emergency number)
    • JBLM authorities receives copy if incident occurred on JBLM
    • Lakewood Police Department receives copy if incident occurred in Lakewood


If theft is in excess of $500, or unable to determine:

  • Send written report to risk manager
  • Call law enforcement

If theft is under $500:

  • Send written report to risk manager
  • Call law enforcement - if significant value

Any burglary (forced entry/breaking and entering):

  • Call law enforcement
  • Send written report to risk manager


If vandalism involves law enforcement:

  • Call law enforcement and photograph if possible
  • Send written report to risk manager
  • Contact maintenance and operations
  • Complete SchoolDude work order for repairs

Vehicle Accident

If any serious injuries, call 9-1-1 immediately

Any accident in any district vehicle/equipment:

  • Call transportation
  • Call law enforcement
  • Send written report to risk manager

Additionally, if accident is after-hours or on weekend:

  • Call transportation supervisor or director of transportation
Agency/District Phone Numbers
In case of emergency, call 9-1-1
Lakewood Police Non-Emergency. 253-798-4721
JBLM Non-Emergency 253-967-3107
Child Protective Services 253-983-6100
- After hours/weekends 1-800-422-7517
District Risk Manager 253-606-1330
Director of Transportation 253-583-5496
Transportation Supervisor 253-583-7390/5495
Transportation Dispatcher 253-583-5971