Architect and Engineering Services
Selection of Architects or Engineers
When architectural and engineering services are required by the district, the following procedures will be in effect:
- Announcement for professional services will be sent to professional and community publications as well as to publications specifically oriented toward minority and women owned firms. The announcement will specify:
- The general nature and scope of the project(s);
- The district representative to contact for further details; and
- The deadline for submission of letter of interest.
- Each interested architect and/or engineer will be advised to submit a resume which includes as a minimum:
- Description of professional staff and respective roles for each;
- List of projects completed during the past two years and contact person;
- Status of current contract;
- Description of typical site supervision;
- References — bank, bonding company, three clients; and
- Exhibits of cost estimates for two most recent projects.
- Applicants will be screened by selected staff to identify firms to be interviewed;
- Applicants will be interviewed by District assigned committee.
- The District will enter into negotiations with the firm(s) to establish a professional services fee which is fair and reasonable. If the District is unable to negotiate a satisfactory contract, the next highest ranked firm will be contacted; and
- The tentative contract will be referred to the board as a recommendation.