Clover Park School District staff will treat parents and other members of the public with respect and expect the same in return. The board of directors encourages positive communication between district staff and the public. Abusive, hostile, disrespectful or otherwise unwelcome behavior and/or communication will not be tolerated.
- Any individual who disrupts or threatens to disrupt school/office operations; threatens the health and safety of students or staff; willfully causes property damage; uses threatening, loud, disrespectful and/or offensive language; willfully engages in verbal and/or physical intimidation; has established a pattern of inappropriate and/or unwelcome behavior; commits unauthorized entry on school property, or whose presence is otherwise deemed unwelcome on school or district property, may be asked to leave the premises immediately by the superintendent, principal or designee.
- Any individual who speaks in a demanding, loud, insulting or otherwise unwelcome tone will be calmly and politely admonished to communicate in a civil manner. If corrective action is not taken by the offending party immediately, the district employee will verbally notify the abusing party that the meeting, conference or telephone conversation is now terminated. If the meeting or conference is on school or district premises, the offending person will be directed to leave promptly. If desired¸ the offending person may contact the staff member’s supervisor. Law enforcement may also be contacted.
- The superintendent or designee may issue a “No Trespass” order to any individual who engages in behaviors referenced above.
- The superintendent or designee may notify the Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) garrison commander or designee about any military connected individual who engages in behaviors referenced above.
- When it is determined by staff that a member of the public is violating the provisions of this policy, an effort should be made by staff to provide a written copy of this policy, including applicable code provisions, at the time of the occurrence. The employee will notify his/her supervisor of the incident.
Same as Procedure: 6510-P1