Athletic and Activities Code for Secondary Students
- Disciplinary consequences for athletic team members are in addition to school administrative disciplinary action.
- Clover Park School District rules on tobacco; electronic smoking/vapor devices, “vapor pens,” non-prescribed inhalers, chemicals or devices that produce the same flavor or physical effect of nicotine substances and any other tobacco innovation; alcohol; and drugs include both school and non-school hours. Students are expected to refrain from any possession or use of these items during a season; or else face disciplinary action
- Satisfactory academic progress for eligibility is defined as a 2.0 GPA and no failing grades; or 2.5 GPA and one failing grade.
- To support students, all students must maintain a grade of “C” or higher in all courses or be required to attend extended learning opportunities each day they are offered (i.e. lunchtime support, homework club, study table, tutoring, etc.) prior to attending practice, competitions or other school activities. After the student has attended the extended learning opportunity, they may participate on that day in practice, competitions or other school activities if it is offered that day and as long as it does not prohibit the student from participating in the competition on that day. At any time a student’s grades are all above a “C-,” attendance at extended learning is optional.
- Students may appeal disciplinary or eligibility decisions to a committee consisting of the principal, athletic director and assistant superintendent for secondary schools
We understand the above statements and agree to abide by the policies of Clover Park School District.