Parent and Student Rights in Administration of Surveys, Analysis or Evaluations
All instructional materials, including supplementary materials and teachers manuals, used with any survey, analysis or evaluation in a program or project supported by federal funds are available for inspection by parents and guardians.
No student will be required as part of any project or program supported by federal funds to submit to a survey, analysis or evaluation that reveals information concerning:
- Political affiliations;
- Potentially embarrassing mental or psychological problems;
- Sexual behavior and attitudes;
- Illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating or demeaning behavior;
- Critical appraisals of close family members;
- Privileged or similar relationships;
- Religious practices, affiliations, or beliefs of the student or student’s parent; or
- Income other than information necessary to establish eligibility for a program; without the prior consent of adult or emancipated students, or written permission of parents.
The district will make arrangements to protect student privacy during the administration of surveys and the collection, disclosure or use of personal information for marketing, sales or other distribution purposes.
|Cross Reference:||Board Policy 3231||Student Records|
|Legal References:||20 U.S.C. 1232h(c)||No Child Left Behind Act of 2001|
|34 CFR Part 98||Student rights in research, experimental activities and testing|
|Policy News, April 2003||Districts Required to Review Collection and Dissemination of Information|
Adoption Date: 09.10.12
Clover Park School District