Parent andStudent Rights in Administration of Surveys, Analysis or Evaluation
Right to Inspect
Parents, upon request, will have the opportunity to inspect the following:
- Surveys created by a third party before the survey is administered or distributed by a school to students;
- Instructional material used as part of the educational curriculum; and
- Any survey document used to collect information from students.
Any time prior to administering a student survey parents will be notified no later than one week in advance of administration of the survey of their right to inspect the survey and/or opt out of having their student participate in a survey, analysis or evaluation.
The notification will include provisions to opt a student out of participating in:
- Any protected information survey, regardless of funding;
- Activities involving collection, disclosure, or use of personal information obtained from students for marketing or selling to others; or
- Any non-emergency, invasive physical examination or screening required as a condition of attendance, administered by the school, and not necessary to protect the immediate health and safety of a student.