Admission of Students Aged Twenty-One or Older
Students over the age of 21 years may be allowed to attend specific K-12 school classes under the following conditions:
- There is no comparable program existing in the community, either through the community college or the area vocational-technical institute.
- There is available space in the school program which the student shall attend.
- There is every assurance that the behavior of the student clearly demonstrates desire to attend and to comply with school rules and regulations.
- The student resides in the state of Washington.
- The student provides his/her own transportation.
- The student shall petition the superintendent for admission.
- The petition shall identify the student’s name, age, address, and grade level or program of study.
If approved, the petition shall specify the tuition fee to be paid, shall be signed by the student and the superintendent and shall constitute the written agreement required by law. It shall be retained as public document and made available to the State Superintendent of Public Instruction upon request. Tuition must be prepaid.
The tuition fee shall be calculated in the same way the State Superintendent of Public Instruction determines the cost of educating a student in the district.
|Legal References:||RCW 28A.225.220||Adults, children from other districts, agreements for attending school – Tuition.|
Adoption Date: 01.09.78
Clover Park School District
Revised: 04.10.95; 09.10.12