At the conclusion of each year, the board will assess its own performance in terms of generally accepted principles of successful board operations and in relation to its annual goals and objectives and Washington School Board Standards. The board self-assessment will address performance in the key functions of school boards:
- Board functions of responsible school district governance;
- Communication of and commitment to high expectations for student learning;
- Creating conditions district-wide for student and staff success;
- Holding the district accountable for student learning; and
- Engagement of the community in education.
The results of the self-assessment will be used in setting goals for the subsequent year.
|Cross References:||Board Policy 1005||Planning and Key Functions of the Board|
|Board Policy 1810||Annual Governance Goals and Objectives|
|Board Policy 1822||Training and Development for Board Members|
Adoption Date: 06.11.12
Clover Park School District