Candidates for appointment of election to the Board are urget to attend public meetins of the Board. All public information about the school system will be made available to them.
Additionally, the Board directs the superintendent to cooperate impartially with all candidates in providing them with information about school governance, Board operations and school programs. Information to Board candidates may include:
- Notifying the candidate of open meetings of the Board, and provididng an agenda;
- Meeting with the candidate to provide background information on the school system and Board service and/or arranging such other candidate orientation sessions as the candidate may resaonably request;
- Provididng each candidate with access to publications of the district, materials from the Washington State School Directors' Association, the official minutes of Board meetings and district policies and procedures;
- Reviewing the district budget and related fiscal documents; and
- Providing each candidate with information regarding the Public Disclosure Act, Open Public Meetings Act and conflict of interest laws.