Joint Base Lewis–McChord (JBLM) Access
A. Directions and Access
1. School District vehicles and private vehicles take I-5 to exit 120, then follow signs to the JBLM Main Gate. Drivers must have current Clover Park School District ID badge, driver's license, vehicle registration, and proof of vehicle insurance at all times. Passengers 16 and older must present a driver's license or other Washington state ID.
a. Private vehicles with decals and school district vehicles bypass the Visitor's Center and proceed on base. However, all vehicles are subject to search by military personnel.
b. Private vehicles without decals proceed to the Visitor's Center (item B, below) for a Day Pass. For easier access: District staff who support Beachwood, Clarkmoor, Evergreen, or Hillside Elementary schools located on JBLM - Lewis Main are eligible to apply for private vehicle decals (item B, below) which enable drivers to bypass the Visitor's Center when entering the base. See items B6 and C below.
2. Commercial vehicles must use exit 123. Drivers must provide a current driver's license, vehicle registration, proof of vehicle insurance, and Clover Park School District Contractor (CPSD) ID badge. Passengers 16 and older must provide a driver's license or Washington state ID, and a CPSD ID badge.
B. Visitor's Center - Request a Day Pass
Park on the right at the Visitor's Center. Their phone number is 253-967-4794 and they can help with questions about access, day passes, and vehicle decals.
- Clover Park School District ID badge;
- Vehicle Registration – your name must be listed on the document;
- Proof of vehicle insurance – including the vehicle and policy number;
- Driver's license – passengers 16 and older must present a driver's license or Washington state ID; and
- Washington State Emission Certificate (in certain cases for vehicles 5 - 25 years old.) Exempt: Motorcycles, mopeds, hybrid vehicles with at least 50 mpg. Exempt: Vehicle zip codes. If you maintain an emissions certificate in order to receive your state vehicle
registration, you do not need to present an emissions certificate.
Vehicle Decal Processing (see item C, below) at the Visitor's Center. For your convenience, the Visitor's Center offers this service during typical non-work hours: Monday thru Friday, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.; weekends and holidays 7 a.m. – 9 p.m. However, primary vehicle decal processing occurs at Vehicle Registration, item C.
C. Primary Vehicle Decal Processing at Vehicle Registration
The facility is located at Waller Hall, Bldg #2140, at Liggett and North 10th Street and is open Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. and closed on federal holidays. Follow Division onto JBML Lewis Main, turn right at Liggett Street. Proceed two blocks. Park in front of the building.
You must present all items listed in section B, 1-5.
Note: JBLM McChord Field still requires CPSD Substitutes to obtain a Day Pass daily from the JBLM McChord Field Visitor Center to access Carter Lake Elementary School.