Alumni / Reunions
History Museum looking for CP and Lakes yearbooks
The Lakewood History Museum is in need of yearbooks for its collection. Museum visitors enjoy looking through the yearbooks andreminiscing. Specifically, the museum is looking for:
Clover Park High School: 1942-1950, 1986-1989, 1992-2011
Lakes High School: 1974-1975, 1978-2011
To donate, contact the museum at 253-682-3480
Clover Park High School
Class of 1974
Your Clover Park High School Class of ’74 reunion committee has started to meet. If you are interested in being on the committee or contributing ideas for the reunion weekend, please contact Barbara Schultz Estrada at bEstrada4youth@yahoo.com. Also, please leave your current email address so we can get a current list to disseminate reunion information as it is solidified.
So far we are looking at...
- Friday night informal, no-host get together. Local venue to be determined.
- Saturday morning Golf Event. Hosted by Elmer Elegado; time and local venue to be determined.
- Saturday evening Dinner/ Music. Location to be determined.
- Sunday afternoon Picnic and/or Potluck in the park. Family invited; location to be determined.
Lakes High School
Class of 1964-1969
Rich Brown is a 1967 Lakes High School graduate, who drove a 1928 Model A Ford his junior and senior years. Now a resident of Phoenix, Ariz., he hopes to organize a blow-out high school reunion. The reunion, open to graduates of both Lakes (1962-1969) and Clover Park (1960-1969), will be an 8-day/7-night Caribbean cruise. Contact Brown at email@example.com or 509-714-4884 for more information.
Class of 1973
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, Pacific Grill Event Center, Tacoma; Time TBD, Evening Social Celebration with Buffet and Cash Bar, contact: www.ReunionsUnlimited.com.
Clover Park School District alumni are doing great things! Our graduates are leaders in business, medicine, education, civil service and numerous other fields.
From star on the court, to a master in science
Kate Starbird, a Lakes High School graduate and former Seattle Storm player, is successfully mastering a second career—the completion of a Ph.D. dissertation at the University of Colorado at Boulder, exploring how people in "mass-convergence events" use available tools to collaborate on a massive scale.
Clover Park grad named CEO, gives back to community
When he became a CEO, Brian Haynes sent a personal email to the marketing teacher who brought business leaders into his high school classroom. It's that kind of connection Haynes wants to help more kids create. That's why his company, Rainier Connect, made a $250,000 gift over 10 years to Junior Achievement of Washington. Read more
Clover Park grad named executive director of PNGA
When Troy Andrew reminisces about his involvement with the Pacific Northwest Golf Association, he can trace his start to one big break—given to him by a close family member. Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/07/07/1735734/clover-park-grad-named-to-pnga.html
- Ben Keller, Clover Park class of 1968, Choral Director, Chair, Arts & Communications Academy, Lakes High School
- Stephanie Nichols, Clover Park class of 1982, New Business and Enrollment Coordinator, Mesquite, TX
- Ellaine Hoff, Clover Park class of 1984, Assistant Supervisor, Tacoma Power
Previously Featured Alumni
- Debbie Owens, Lakes class of 1979, teacher at Woodbrook Middle School
- Virginia Preston, Clover Park class of 1986, supervisor of training and safety for Clover Park School District
- Andrea Dombroski, Clover Park class of 1994, Director of Operations, Puget Sound ESD
- Jane McCarthy, Clover Park class of 1990, Television news co-anchor, KREM 2 in Spokane
- Brian Clarke, Clover Park class of 1999, U.S. Air Force Captain, Bioenvironmental Engineer
- Susan (Colley) Martensen, Lakes class of 1966, Marketing and Communications Manager, Washington's
Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) Program
- Amy Hunter Clancy, Lakes class of 1984, Consumer investigator, investigative reporter for KIRO TV
- Lisa (Thomas) Boyd, Lakes class of 1981, Principal of Harrison Preparatory School
Looking for your classmates? If you haven't already done so, consider looking for friends on Facebook (www.facebook.com). Just search for your high school and join the groups that pertain to you. For example, a search for "Clover Park High School Alumni" brings up several reunion groups and individuals. This is a great way to stay in touch with friends and stay up to date with current alumni news and events.
To share reunion information, or for more information about alumni profiles, contact Kim Prentice at 583-5041 or