Alumni / Reunions
History Museum looking for CP and Lakes yearbooks
The Lakewood History Museum is in need of yearbooks for its collection. Museum visitors enjoy looking through the yearbooks and reminiscing. Specifically, the museum is looking for:
Clover Park High School: 1942-1950, 1986-1989, 1992-2011
Lakes High School: 1974-1975, 1978-2011
To donate, contact the museum at 253-682-3480
Clover Park High School
Class of 1974
Your Clover Park High School Class of ’74 reunion committee has started to meet. If you are interested in being on the committee or contributing ideas for the reunion weekend, please contact Barbara Schultz Estrada at bEstrada4youth@yahoo.com. Also, please leave your current email address so we can get a current list to disseminate reunion information as it is solidified.
So far we are looking at...
- Friday night informal, no-host get together. Local venue to be determined.
- Saturday morning Golf Event. Hosted by Elmer Elegado; time and local venue to be determined.
- Saturday evening Dinner/ Music. Location to be determined.
- Sunday afternoon Picnic and/or Potluck in the park. Family invited; location to be determined.
Lakes High School
Class of 1964-1969
Rich Brown is a 1967 Lakes High School graduate, who drove a 1928 Model A Ford his junior and senior years. Now a resident of Phoenix, Ariz., he hopes to organize a blow-out high school reunion. The reunion, open to graduates of both Lakes (1962-1969) and Clover Park (1960-1969), will be an 8-day/7-night Caribbean cruise. Contact Brown at email@example.com or 509-714-4884 for more information.
Clover Park School District alumni do great things! Our graduates are leaders in business, medicine, education, civil service and numerous other fields.
CPHS grad receives Martin Luther King Jr. Spirit Award
Columbia Basin College awarded Dr. Wayne Martin, a Clover Park High School graduate, with its Martin Luther King Jr. Spirit Award on Jan. 20, 2014.http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2014/01/19/2783391/former-pnnl-scientist-to-receive.html
CPHS graduate honored with the 2013 Women in Aerospace Lifetime Achievement Award
Jean (Hanel) Chamberlin, Boeing Defense, Space & Security vice president of Program
Management and Clover Park High School Class of 1972 graduate, has been honored
by Women in Aerospace for her “outstanding career and lifelong commitment to furthering
the advancement of women’s opportunities in aerospace.”
CPHS grad zooms toward career in electric car design
University of Washington senior Nicolas Villanueva is well on his way to fulfilling a dream
of working on electric cars for a living. Villanueva is part of the “UW Formula Motorsports"
team that builds and races gasoline and electric formula-style race cars around the world.
Former CPHS coach inducted into the National Wrestling Hall of Fame
Joe Reasons, a former Clover Park High School wrestling coach, has been inducted into
the National Wrestling Hall of Fame.
- Debbie Owens, Lakes class of 1979, teacher at Woodbrook Middle School
- Virginia Preston, Clover Park class of 1986, supervisor of training and safety for Clover Park School District
- Andrea Dombroski, Clover Park class of 1994, Director of Operations, Puget Sound ESD
- Jane McCarthy, Clover Park class of 1990, Television news co-anchor, KREM 2 in Spokane
- Brian Clarke, Clover Park class of 1999, U.S. Air Force Captain, Bioenvironmental Engineer
- Susan (Colley) Martensen, Lakes class of 1966, Marketing and Communications Manager, Washington's
Guaranteed Education Tuition (GET) Program
- Amy Hunter Clancy, Lakes class of 1984, Consumer investigator, investigative reporter for KIRO TV
- Lisa (Thomas) Boyd, Lakes class of 1981, Principal of Harrison Preparatory School
- Ben Keller, Clover Park class of 1968, Choral Director, Chair, Arts & Communications Academy, Lakes High School
- Stephanie Nichols, Clover Park class of 1982, New Business and Enrollment Coordinator, Mesquite, TX
- Ellaine Hoff, Clover Park class of 1984, Assistant Supervisor, Tacoma Power
Looking for your classmates? If you haven't already done so, consider looking for friends on Facebook (www.facebook.com). Just search for your high school and join the groups that pertain to you. For example, a search for "Clover Park High School Alumni" brings up several reunion groups and individuals. This is a great way to stay in touch with friends and stay up to date with current alumni news and events.
To share reunion information, or for more information about alumni profiles, contact Gary Sabol at 253-583-5040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.